Thursday, September 22, 2016

Apprentice in Death

Apprentice in Death by J.D. Robb
384 pages, Hardcover
Published September 2016, Berkeley

Source: Provided by publisher in exchange for review through NetGalley.

So, this is book #43 of Robb's In Death series. Just so you know, I have not read any of the previous books in the series. I went into this read with no background on the characters, on the writing style, etc. It sounded like an interesting police procedural and I did know that Robb is a pseudonym for Nora Roberts. A teacher I used to work with loved these books, so I was excited to give one a try.

Eve Dallas is a lieutenant with the NYPSD and is investigating deaths at an ice skating rink that were committed by a sniper. The suspects are identified and hunted by the entire department in an attempt to attain them before other deaths occur.

The plot was good, the pace quick and the suspense high throughout. I had a hard time with this one only because I had not read these books before. I was unfamiliar with the fact that these books are set in the near future, so the tech mentions were confusing. Didn't let it bother me too much and continued to enjoy the story.    

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)